Sunday, March 23, 2008

At Dawn

At Dawn

Always praying to see my father again,
Pondering if I'll be fortunate enough to live past the age of ten.
Terrorized daily, toxic gasses constrict my lungs
Demolishment of my third home, thrice my personal possessions flung.

My delicate mother on crutches, my baby sister in cold sheets
Bullets which hit windows like flies, the pests of these occupied streets.
An army created for Satan, from the victims of the Third Reich
Blend in with one another, both their tactics and goals alike.

Head scarf or Cap, Crosses or Cows,
To whom this land belongs, to whom it is bestowed.
Invaded after invasion, the irony surreal,
Like the German's did to them, history repeated, evil's most ideal.

Using tragedy as their claim for land, to make "Israel" theirs,
Millions dying is truly horrific, but doesn't give reason for the repeated massacres.
The indigenous strategically misplaced, the intruders crimes conveniently erased
All at the cost of failed Nazi plans, all sense of humanity blinded and dazed.

It's a reenactment of Rwanda, a struggle between two,
Once again the world turns a cheek, a blind eye follows through.
All our lives at risk, from babies to woman, from calf to fawn,
A miracle with every wakening, blessed, if I raise at dawn.

No comments: